top of page


Public·13 members

Joyce Sims Intense Last Interview Before Death Try Not To Cry ((HOT))

The crowd of television cameras and newspaper photographers isn't there, though, for the nuns -- the 22 awful deaths holding none of the fascination of an intrafamily battle over billions, the whole scene feeling like a piece of performance art about the state of America. Reporters wait on the first day to finish, everyone turning to the elevators at the far end of the long hall whenever they open, waiting to hurl questions at a Benson. A black Mercedes pulls into the sally port and parks by the curb, and Tom Benson's driver, Jay, comes inside to wait on his boss. Upstairs, family members face one another, the first time they've all been in a room together since everything collapsed in January. Renee Benson, Tom's last living child and Rita's mom, clutches religious medals and photographs of their family, before money and time tore it apart.

Joyce Sims Intense Last Interview Before Death Try Not To Cry

UPDATE Short circuit tied to electrocution death DAVE SHELTON SPRING HILL - Investigators found a short circuit that probably caused a 20-year-old man to be electrocuted Thursday.Christopher S. Krivjansky apparently died after touching a metal air line that, because of the short circuit, was carrying 230 volts of electricity. Although the state medical examiner hasn't yet reported on the cause of death, paramedics said there were burn marks on his hand and shoulder that could indicate electrocution. Krivjansky, an employee of Pasco Preventive Maintenance, and another man had finished working on an air compressor in a shed outside of Gator Door and Supply, 16020 Aviation Loop in the Airport Industrial Park. The other man, David Kachiroubas, 18, said they had not done any electrical work, just serviced an oil filter in the compressor that produces air used by pneumatic tools in the factory that builds doors. Kachiroubas said they had finished their work and he carried tools back to their company pickup truck shortly after 1 p.m. Thursday, expecting Krivjansky to follow. WWhen his partner didn't show up at the truck, Kachiroubas went back to the shed where he found the victim unconscious and not breathing.Krivjansky was still grasping a metal air tube fastened to the wall, Kachiroubas said. When he turned Krivjansky over, he said, he felt a mild electrical charge coming from the victim's body. He ran for help and Gator employees tried to revive Krivjansky before paramedics arrived. While rescuers applied cardio-pulmonary resuscitation, he was rushed to Brooksville Regional Hospital where he was pronounced dead at 2:20 p.m. County building inspectors were called to the factory to make sure it was safe for workers. They found an electrical charge in the metal air line. Nearby was a melted electrical nut and a plastic cap used to splice two wires together. All electricity to this power line was disconnected for worker's safety. The incident is under investigation by the federal Occupational Health and Safety Administration. WORKERS `WARNED' OF DANGER Mar 8 2003 TWO workmen were warned of dangerous overhead power lines days before being electrocuted, a fatal accident inquiry heard yesterday. Inverclyde Council worker Ronald Cook said he told Gary Moncrieff, 22, and Ross Cockburn, 32, to halt their job as he drove past the work site in Kilmacolm, Renfrewshire. Five days later, the men died when a street light they were replacing hit the lines. Mr Cook said he told the men - subcontracted through Lightways of Larbert, Stirlingshire - "to beware". But Lightways boss Gary McLaughlin criticised him for not telling the firm in writing, as was his "responsibility". The council deny negligence. The Greenock Sheriff Court hearing continues.

Spring Hill man electrocuted on job By JENNIFER LIBERTO St. Petersburg Times published March 7, 2003 BROOKSVILLE -- A 19-year-old Spring Hill man was electrocuted Thursday afternoon after working on an air compressor at Gator Door & Supply Co. in the Airport Industrial Park. Chris Krivjansky of 13140 Cooper Road worked for Pasco Preventive Maintenance Inc. of Hudson, a company hired to tune up an air compressor, Hernando County Sheriff's Office spokesman Joe Paez said. Krivjansky and co-worker David Kachiroubas had nearly finished their work about 1:30 p.m., Paez said. They were checking the air compressor, which fuels air tools used in assembling doors, Gator Door general manager Andrew Fischer said. Kachiroubas left the wooden shed, where the compressor is located, to load a pickup truck, Paez said. When Kachiroubas returned, he saw Krivjansky on the ground. Krivjansky had burns on him and wasn't breathing, paramedics said. He was taken to Brooksville Regional Hospital, where he was pronounced dead, sheriff's deputies said. The Sheriff's Office and county building officials are investigating how Krivjansky as electrocuted. The cause may have been an electrical short, Fischer said. The Medical Examiner's Office also is investigating to determine the cause of death. Pasco Preventive Maintenance Inc. declined comment. Kachiroubas didn't return calls. Gator Door & Supply Co, 16020 Aviation Loop, has been at the industrial park for 20 years, Fischer said. Roofer shocked, airlifted to hospital Thursday, March 06, 2003 By NICK FALSONE The Express-Times HELLERTOWN -- Emergency crews pulled an injured worker off a roof Wednesday afternoon after he received a shock from coming in contact with a power wire, authorities said. The worker, a male who authorities at the scene declined to identify, was flown by helicopter to Lehigh Valley Hospital in Salisbury Township. There he received treatment for burns suffered as a result of the shock, authorities said. The rescue happened shortly after 2:30 p.m. on the roof of Rustic Exteriors, 631 Front St. Crews used an aerial ladder on a firetruck to get to the roof. Shortly before 3 p.m., a crowd of close to 30 people watched the rescue unfold. More than a half-dozen emergency workers on the roof used a backboard to move the injured worker. They placed him in the bucket of the aerial ladder and lowered it to the ground. The injured worker was carried to a stretcher and driven by ambulance to the nearby helicopter. Tony Branco, a supervisor for Dewey EMS, said the worker was laying metal sheeting on the roof when he lifted a piece of it. The sheeting touched a power line running above the roof, and the contact shocked the worker, Branco said. The rescue took awhile, partly because the conditions on top of the roof were dangerous, Branco said. The sheeting was slippery, and a portion of the roof was only covered with wood studding, he said. The worker remained conscious during the whole rescue, Branco said. "He suffered a couple severe burns," he said. "He was in good spirits." He was flown to the hospital as a precaution because of the unusual length of time it took for the rescue, Branco said. In addition to Dewey EMS, Bethlehem Fire Department, Bethlehem Volunteer Fire Co., Dewey Fire Co. and the Hellertown Police Department assisted in the rescue. UPDATE Burned Dam Worker In Critical Condition A 22-year-old Arkansas man was in critical condition Wednesday, a day after he was burned by electricity. Manuel Salazar was hurt about 11 a.m. Tuesday after the crane he was standing near hit a 115,000-volt line at the construction site of a backup dam at Lake Murray. Another worker had first-degree burns on his hand after trying to help Salazar, officials said. The state Occupational Safety and Health Administration is investigating, said Jim Knight, spokesman for Labor, Licensing and Regulation. The state OSHA department is part of LLR. OSHA, which is not required to investigate when only one person is hurt, stepped in because of the seriousness of Salazar's condition, Knight said. Salazar was flown to the burn unit at Doctor's Hospital in Augusta with second- and third-degree burns on 40 percent of his body, officials said. Salazar works for H.B. Mellott Estate Inc. of Pennsylvania, said Brian Duncan, SCE&G spokesman. The company is a subcontractor of Barnard Construction, overseeing the building of the backup dam. The $275 million construction began last month and is expected to be done in 2004. Construction resumed Wednesday after a safety meeting with work crews, SCE&G officials said. Water Gas and Light worker injured on job March 6, 2003 Albany--An Albany Water Gas and Light employee was badly burned in an accident Thursday morning. The W.G.L. worker was trying to put a temporary water tap on the line into the Bridge House on Front Street. At 9:50, he cut into a power line. Miraculously, he was not electrocuted. The 35 year old worker was in this hole with two other employees, cutting into the water line, when he hit the main feeder line that powers Downtown Albany. That line carries 12 thousand volts. Eyewitness Ken Cribb said "I heard an explosion. That was when I started making my way back over here to see what was going on. As I was coming closer it exploded a second time. That's when I saw the guys coming out of the hole, taking the other guy to the hospital." He was not electrocuted, but his gas powered saw burst into flames. You can see the damage. The employee suffered 2nd and 3rd degree burns on his arms and face. W.G.L. spokesperson Lorie Farkas said "When I got to the hospital, he was awake, he was lucid, and his concern was for his family. He was telling them to relax, that he was going to be all right." The employee has been transported to the Augusta Burn Unit for treatment. An investigation into the accident is continuing. The other two W-G-and-L Employees in the hole at the time of the accident were not injured. Three electrocuted Herald Reporter THREE Harare men were yesterday electrocuted in separate incidents. Two of the three victims had been contracted to repair an electric motor pump in Chadcombe. They were electrocuted when one of them tried to clean the pump with a wet cloth. The other man was also electrocuted when he touched his colleague who had called for help. They both died on the spot. It is believed the third man was electrocuted when he tried to tamper with a Zimbabwe Electricity Supply Authority transformer in Hatfield. He was found dead by the side of the dismantled transformer in the afternoon. Zesa authorities, called to the scene of accident by police, suspected the 26-year-old man died of electrocution after discovering severe burns on both his hands and the face. Accident involving crane, high-voltage wire halts work at Lake Murray By LORA HINES Staff Writer Work at the Lake Murray dam stopped Tuesday when a construction worker suffered a severe electrical burn after a crane hit a high-voltage line. The 22-year-old worker, who was not immediately identified, was burned about 11 a.m. after the crane he was standing near hit a 115,000-volt line, officials said. The man was in critical condition Tuesday night at Doctor's Hospital burn unit in Augusta, South Carolina Electric & Gas Co. spokesman Robin Montgomery said. Another worker suffered first-degree burns to his hands when he tried to help his burned co-worker, Lexington Emergency Medical Service supervisor Stuart Platt said. The man with the burned hands was treated at the scene. The man inside the crane was not hurt. The severely injured man, who had burns on his left chest and back, plus both arms and legs, was flown to Augusta from the dam's Saluda River side, where he was working, Platt said. The man works for Melott, a subcontractor, Montgomery said. He didn't immediately have information about the company. The construction crew stopped work for the rest of the day. It was unclear Tuesday night whether construction would resume today, Montgomery said. It's not unusual for people who stand near an object that's been energized with electricity to get burned, Assistant Lexington County Fire Chief Brian Hood said. "That's why we tell people not to stand under a tree in a storm. Electricity is looking for the closest and best pathway to the ground." The electricity that hit the crane probably arced and hit the man who was standing nearby, Hood said. "You have to remember that the arc is several thousands of degrees." The man who was inside the crane probably was safest, Hood said. "If you're in a car accident and you hit a live wire or pole, you want to stay inside the car," he said. "People get hurt when they try to get out and put their foot on the ground." Last month, as many as 90 people started building a backup dam at Lake Murray, Montgomery said. Construction started on opposite ends of the dam, moving toward the center. Work can occur simultaneously in two sections as long as those areas are at least 1,000 feet apart. But plans limit initial work to single sections for nearly half the wall, particularly those at the middle, where water pressure is highest. Construction is to be finished in 2004. The project will cost $275 million. 041b061a72


Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...
bottom of page